You will be part of a cross-functional team that is responsible for delivering new web and mobile applications. You will also be tasked with adding support for new platforms and adding additional features to our existing products. These include e-payment systems, web optimization Gyro-n services, and in-house, startup-like prototype projects.
We are expecting self-starter who is comfortable with using newer technologies and development practices. A strong desire to learn is essential. Ideally, you would be a test-driven, full-stack developer familiar with modern programming languages such as Scala, NodeJS, and Java.
- Develop web applications using in-house RESTful services.
- Automated unit and function testing.
- Enjoy the extensive benefits of working for a large yet dynamic organisation.
Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with unit and functional testing, and their place in continuous development/integration.
- Development experience and understanding of RESTful services and modular development.
- Experience working on projects with source control using Git.
- Strong people collaboration skills.
- Good learning skills and willingness to try out new libraries, frameworks and languages.
- Excellent English knowledge to easily communicate with team members on daily basis.
- Basic Japanese communication skills.
Nice to Have
- Experience with Scala, Groovy, NodeJS, ES6/7, TypeScript, or Clojure.
- Experience with modern frontend toolkit such as React, RxJS, Webpack, Babel etc.
- Experience with ElasticSearch.
- Experience with Docker, Chef, or Ansible.
- AWS experience.
- Selenium testing experience.
- Experience working on projects with continuous integration (Jenkins, Travis, CircleCI etc.).
- Proficiency with Japanese language.
What We Offer
- Appropriate salary based on your experience and work commitment (up to 8.0M yen annually) with annual reviews and bonus system.
- Housing allowance.
- Flexible working time and partial remote work.
- You can use 20% of your time for any personal or open source project you are working on.
- Annual company trip with other company members and other social activities (sports activities, camping, celebrations, etc.).
- Our in office relax area with free drinks, pool table, darts, game console and craft beer.
- A new PC or laptop of your choice to do work on.
- Visa sponsorship and relocation remuneration if you need to relocate to Japan.
Joel Test Score: 7 of 12
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?